Friday, November 10, 2006

Creation's Muse by Robert G Parent

Creation's Muse
by Robert G Parent

Inspiration can come from anyplace. It comes from your life and what you like to do, to watch, to listen to. One of the things I like is scifi and a variety of scifi movies and shows. What do you like to watch? listen to? or do? If your a writer, have you ever tried writing a poem, song, or story about a movie? ( It is fun )

This poem was inspired by an episode of "Deep Space 9" about Jake, who plays a writer. In the episode, a different type of alien appears to Jake and became his muse, but she feeds on his creativity and the thought processes in his brain/mind. Gives a new meaning to vampires. This week as I listened to the netcasts I listen to, I heard an episode of "Paranormal Cafe" where he was interviewing "the Alien Hunter". One thing I remembered in the show is that the Alien Hunter, who is a trained investigator, said that what we think about aliens, angels, and other mythological figures are not what we think they are. Well, that is one book I want to read. I'll look for the link and put it in the comments if you also want to read it.

Listen here for Creation's Muse

No comments: